- Fire-resistant materials: Fire-rated doors are made of composite materials that are designed to withstand high temperatures and prevent the spread of fire.
- Fire resistance rating: Fire-rated doors have a minimum fire resistance rating of 30 minutes & Maximum of 60 minutes.
- Air and smoke tight seals: Fire-rated doors have air and smoke tight seals that prevent the passage of smoke and air, helping to contain the fire and prevent it from spreading.
- Intumescent seals: These seals expand when exposed to heat, filling gaps and preventing the passage of smoke and fire.
- Thermal insulation: Some fire-rated doors have thermal insulation, which helps to prevent the spread of heat and keep the fire contained.